Wednesday 19 March 2014

PHOTOS FOR ADVERT

In media today I took photos for two different ads. The first one was for my really girly perfume (Blossom/Floral/Spring?) which I modelled in. For clothes, I wore a frilly white shirt because it has very feminine, typically girly connotations and the short sleeves were a clue that it was warmer weather giving the idea of spring/summer time. When framing the shot I made sure there were flowers all around me to denote spring time and connote being pretty, fresh, natural. I tried some shots sitting/lying near daffodils and some near a blossom tree. I felt I liked the daffodils as the colour was very bright and vibrant but in the end I preferred the blossom tree as I felt it was more delicate and the light pink colour fit in more with the very stereotypically girly, feminine values I was trying to promote. When posing, I wanted to look as relaxed and natural as possible so they were very casual, natural, almost caught-off-guard poses, sitting back, relaxed or walking around the blossom tree. I always made sure to be positioned in the centre of the shot so that the advert was clear and the model is the first thing you notice. Finally, I tried some shots looking away from the camera (to fit with the casual, not too posed theme) and some looking at the camera. In the end I liked the looking at the camera ones better because they involve the viewer and make the messages of the fragrance personal to them by looking them in the eye.

The second shot was for a sporty, man's cologne which Rob modelled for. He wore a black shirt, untucked, to give connotations of being casual, unposed, typically 'cool'. I wanted to give the impression of being sporty without it looking like it was exclusively aimed at sportsmen when I wanted to aim it at young men aged 15-35. Therefore, I just had Rob throwing a ball up in the air and catching it. I got some good action shots with the ball in the air. I also got Rob to look directly at the camera, as again I wanted the connection with the audience, the idea Rob was talking to them, personally. The background I tried to keep as plain as possible, just the field to connote being outdoors-y and sporty.

Overall my photos went well and I think I got the key messages and values of the fragrances across

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to seeing the shots which your describe graphically. I can almost imagine them! Remember to keep all thumbnails and especially the original of the one that you eventually choose. Were there any that you could definitely use?

    ReplyDelete